Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sad snow mitts work

I'm having a sad day today.  One where I feel blah and dull and bored.  I miss what I had weeks ago.  I miss having someone to send random messages too all day.  I miss getting random messages that make me smile.  I miss having work to do, especially now cause it might keep my mind occupied and not thinking of all the things I don't have right now.  My head feels like that annoying child that constantly asks why.  Except right now, none of the whys have answers to them.  

I did have a good call this morning, and if I were in Chicago already, I'd be able to be making money.  The lighting company I work for wants me to come work in the shop.  So, hopefully, in a months time when I get out there that offer still stands and I am able to work around school with it and make a decent wage to support my living.  Its a little something to be happy about, but I can't seem to shake this mood.

I spent yesterday and today working on a pair of fingerless mitts.  I have one completed.  I'm happy with everything except the thumb.  It was supposed to be knit, but even though I knit it, it came out in purl stitches.  So apparently I had the stitches on the needles in some sort of backwards manner.  I'm debating pulling it off and trying again as it is a speck tight.  
You can't tell when I put it on though.  So, we'll see.  I do love how the cabling came out and how quickly it knit up.  I did have a couple of false starts with another pattern.  I cast on and got three or four rows in, only to discover that both of my wrists could fit in one mitt at the same time.  Not sure if was the pattern or me...  but I love how this one fits.  Now to just get the second one done.  And the matching hat I have planned.  

No comments: