Monday, February 2, 2009

REALLY REALLY?

So, I thought going away for the weekend, I'd come home and life would be smoother and calmer and less stressful.  Um, not so much.  

Mom is having surgery on Thursday.  Which should be the end of the stress for that situation.  They have confidence that she will heal quickly and be back to normal soon.  But it still is surgery and a 6 week recovery process.  At least that means the end of the issues she's been having.  

In relationship terms, things got more confusing and unsure.  Although, I'm not sure those are the right words to use.  We spent almost all night talking on Wednesday into Thursday.  He is dealing with depression and general unhappiness and uncertain feelings about life.  He doesn't know if he wants the things I want, despite our conversations in the past where he brought them up first.  We didn't pull the plug on our relationship, but I'm not quite sure where we can go from here.  The issues that we deal with independently mirror each other, and perhaps that is bad for us together in a romantic sense.  Right now, I feel a bit lost and confused.  Trying to deal with all the changes in life and know that maybe what I want and what he wants aren't the same, but I will be ok even if that is the case.  

I did splurge on lots of yarn on my NYC field trip this weekend.  Unfortunately its all in purple.  I really need to branch out in my color choices.  I also had a great time catching up with friends.  Dinners were low key and filled with good food and wine and conversations, which is what I was looking for.  

No comments: