Friday, February 27, 2009

Pink and Purple Stripes

I've been helping good friends of mine redecorate their house.  They've just finished remodeling their basement, and two days ago, we moved onto the nursery (for the second daughter they are expecting in April).  The colors for the nursery were chosen by their almost three year old daughter... who is the ultimate in girly girl, for a three year old at least.  We painted a wall in stripes yesterday, and if I must say so, I'm good at this striped wall thing.  It came out looking really cool and added this fun touch the room.  (and I tried to convince the three year old she wanted to convince her dad to paint polka dots in her room...  I don't think I was successful though....).  I am very glad I am just renting my apartment though, as I have no desire to paint anything else in the near future. 

I did get good news on my place in Chicago.  It looks like my friend will be able to close on her new place by the start of the second week of March.  YAY.  I'm so relieved I don't have to look for other options.  I have movers coming on Tuesday to give me a quote of how much its going to cost me to get my stuff to Chicago.  I had thought of going with a UHaul, but I'd need people to help me carry boxes and mattresses and tvs up two flights of stairs, and I just don't have those.  So, paying others to do it is the way to go.  

And the semi good news on mom is that there was only one small patch that had "bad" cells in it.  Everything else was clear.  She gets to see an oncologist on Tuesday, who will give her the next steps...  which could be treatments, test or just monitoring.  But it sounds like its the best news to come out of this situation.  

And now I'm off to visit some friends and drink some wine for the night.  To enjoy a day or two before I burry myself in boxes and boxes of stuff.  Of which I have lots.  :)

1 comment:

km said...

Some day you'll look back and see with such clarity what doesn't make a bit of sense now. Don't you wish it could be tomorrow?!