Monday, February 9, 2009

I think I got good news today...

This morning, the financial aid office from potential future school called me.  And wanted to discuss my award letter and if I was interested in taking out loans for my everyday living expenses.  The call concluded with the counselor telling me he would be putting my award letter in the mail before the days end.  I think this means I must be accepted.  You don't get financial aid award letters unless you need financial aid, right?  I don't want to get my hopes up or assume anything until I have the letter that says "Congratulations, welcome to the class of 2010!"  

Hopefully I will have more certain news on that soon.

I am trying to focus on the fact that no matter where I end up and what happens, it is what is meant to happen and where I am supposed to be.  I know culinary school is where I am supposed to be.  I have wanted to go for more than a year now, but kept saying to myself, I'll do that later, when I'm done with this, when I have more money, when I...  etc.  And then I suddenly realized why do I keep saying I'll do this when x,y or z happens?  Why aren't I doing it now?  I guess I just don't know if Chicago is where I'm supposed to go.  But then again, I got an admissions counselor who wore cowboy boots and was a roadie too...  

So, I'm trying to just look forward.  I think it will be much easier once I have the letter that tells me if my future is at this school or not.  Right now I feel stalled.  I've never been good at waiting.  

4 comments:

Leah said...

I'm terrible at waiting too. But that certainly sounds like good news! I can't imagine what else it would be with a financial aid award.

Yay!


xo

kasiaiscarly said...

Congrats on the sort of good news! I can't believe you didn't ask the financial aid guy 'Um, I haven't gotten an acceptance letter yet' :) What if it's lost in the mail! I'm impatient, myself, so I'd have a call into admissions today to ask!

Code Purl said...

I'd have situations like that too where the HR person started talking to me about setting up my physical and asking when my first day is and as far I knew I had never been offered the job!

Turned out was just a miscommunication between the different peops involved and I did have it so always good to try to clear those things up.

Laurie~Let's Knit It said...

Sarah it does sound like good news. I think I would have to call them back like kasiaiscarly said.