Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Is it over yet?

I'm ready to be done with this unemployed/depressed stuff already.  Its been three weeks since tour ended, and I'm slowly going crazy.  I know in part its due to the stress of life (with mom, C and the waiting to hear about school), but I'm sitting on my couch doing nothing most days.  I can't even get motivated to go to Target.  I wish I had the motivation of a job to get me out of the house and doing something to keep my mind busy and not stuck in this pit that it is in.  I think too much, and the most unproductive of thoughts.  I feel a bit lost and alone.  

I'm still waiting to hear from school and if they are going to accept me or not.  I'm very anxious over that...  and slightly pessimistic with everything else that has gone on in life as of late.  I don't know why they wouldn't accept me, but I still fear they won't want me as a student.  

Tomorrow is mom's surgery.  At least then she'll be on the full way to recovery, as opposed to this in between state she's been in for the last week.  Hopefully she'll quickly recover, as I can't imagine how stressful this house will be with three out of work, overly bored, antsy people stuck in it.  UGH!  

If only I could be in Chicago now.  I could be working and busy enough to keep my mind occupied and not dwelling on everything else that is going on.  

1 comment:

km said...

Of course, I'm thousands of miles from where you are. But, just yesterday I was thinking of how PERFECT it was planned that you were home to be with you mom. Not on tour somewhere. Not yet in Chicago. Just there to be with her. Someone has a perfect plan for your life that we can't even comprehend.

And as for the thoughts. This is what my mom reminds me of...to keep my mind stayed on things that are good.
Philippians 4:8:
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Just don't even give the bad thoughts a second to take root in your mind. It's not like it's over all at once and you can just go on. It's a continual process of thoughts to think good thoughts. I've had a rough couple of years...you know that. This is how I've made it through. And try some happy songs...it really helps.