Tuesday, January 27, 2009

REALLY?

Its been a hellish few days in my world.  My mom has been in and out of the hospital since Saturday.  She's potentially looking at some major surgery of the female sort in the next few days and definitely in the next few weeks.  Its been a scary/stressful/I don't want to play any more time in life.  Keep her in your prayers for me, if you would...  

I'm off to NYC tomorrow for a few days.  And hoping the snow they are predicting isn't too bad for my drive.  I get to see C, as he'll be playing MSG.  We're planning on turning his hotel room into a beach for the night...  as both of us just need to escape.  Paper umbrellas in our sodas and white sands around a blow up pool while it snows outside.  Might be kind of fun, no?  He wants to see Ground Zero as well.  And then I'll spend the rest of the weekend with my girlfriends.  A quiet night of dinner and wine bar on Friday, and then dinner and drinks on Saturday.  I'm looking forward to seeing everyone that I haven't seen in several months.  And spending some time in the city.  I think I might try to hit the Met...  and definitely some of the yarn stores...  I'm hoping to find some buttons for my sweater and something fun for my swap partner.  

I'm not sure I'll be back before my return home on Sunday night.  I'm thinking not, as I'm not planning to travel with the computer for this trip.  For the cocoa swap week #3 topic, I like my cocoa naked for the most part.  Unless I'm splurging on it at Starbucks, and then I get it with the whipped cream.  Or someone else has set out marshmallows for me.  I'm much too lazy to go find them myself, and they go stale before I am able to use them all, so I rarely keep them on hand.

5 comments:

Leah said...

Definitely thinking of you and your mom! Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way!

km said...

Have a FUN weekend. I'll be praying for you and your mom.

Laurie~Let's Knit It said...

Have a great weekend in NYC I will be keeping your Mom in my thoughts and prayers.
Glad you and C are better.

Code Purl said...

So sorry to hear about ur mom. will keep her in my thoughts. looking fwd to seeing you this wkd.

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I will keep her in my prayers and your trip sounds like it will be so much fun.I understand the female stuff surgery for me Monday.Hugs Darcy