Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cocoa Swap Questionaire

Once again, I've signed up for the Hot Cocoa Swap this year. And finally gotten around to answering all the questions for it. More to come on life post Neil Diamond when I've slept a bit more.

Questionnaire
The Yarn…
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both?
I knit

2. What is your favorite one-skein project? What item do you find you knit the most of?
I don't really have one at this point. I get bored easily, so I don't tend to repeat things too often.

3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on?
metal circulars. I just got knitpicks options needles for Christmas, and am loving them. I also have lots of Addi Turbos.

4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)?
A felted bag for mom and a sweater for me. And two unfinished socks. Both have mistakes, and I got discouraged after I messed up. Ask me again next week, and there will be more. The bag is the oldest UFO.

5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try?
I like natural fibers and will spend money on those rather than acrylics. I like soft and smooshy things (who doesn't though?)

7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles?
I'm definitely a bright person. I love blues and browns and purples. I'm not a big fan of drastic color changes... and tend to only use color changing yarns in socks.

8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had?
I don't really have favorites of anything at this point. I'm still in the new to this stage of the game. I just got a swift and ball winder for Christmas though, and can't wait to use them.

The Chocolate
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade?
I tend to like the chocolate shavings that you melt into milk. Something rich and creamy and good quality chocolate flavor.

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
either

3. Do you use any ‘add ins’?
Occasionally I'll add some Bailey's

4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months?
Just in the winter

5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person?
Straight chocolate kind of person. I do love my mochas though.

6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites?
Starbuck's is good. But their salted caramel one was disappointing.

7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it?
Thick mug, curled up on the couch, in front of the fire.

8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky?
It’s all YOU!
salty and crunchy -- chocolate covered pretzels, tortitos, but usually I'm just a cup of cocoa and no sides kind of person.

1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking?
cooking and baking, reading

2. Do you collect anything?
yarn for future projects

3. What is your favorite part of Winter?
the snowy days

4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body?
vanilla, spiced apples, fresh baked goods, citrus -- all for the home... not a fan of scented things for the body

5. Are you allergic to anything?
smoke, pine oils, dates

6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID?
yes, Sarahknits28

7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day?
on a comfy couch with my knitting and reading and laptop and a great movie on tv

8. What’s your favorite animal?
tiger

4 comments:

km said...

I'm really tired from working too much...but does "more to come on life post Diamond" mean you got your Christmas present?

km said...

I went to go to bed...and realized that you must have meant 'Neal Diamond' and not A Diamond piece of jewelry. I had to get up and fix my faux pas. Sorry for blabbing my mouth...I just truly am a hopeless romantic.

And I can't wait to hear about culinary school.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your Questionnaire! I've got some ideas brewing now :)

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I added you to my ravelry friends?Iam knottyknitter40