Friday, January 23, 2009

I want to go HERE!

Doesn't it look like fun?  Knitting in the Alps.  Who wants to join me?  I think I'm going to start saving.  Maybe I'll go next year...  as a graduation present to myself.  

I made croissants tonight.  From scratch.  I have to work on my dough rolling skills, but other than that, I am quite impressed with myself.  They are doughy and flaky all at the same time.  

Although we do have lots of them to eat in the next day (I've had four already!).  Butter overload!  (there is an entire pound in the recipe!)

I'm also making great progress on my FLS sweater.  I'm so happy with the yarn and the look of it as it knits up.  
I'm glad I marked off the lace in sections...  I've had a couple instances of forgetting a yarn over, but luckily with the markings I did, I can catch it close to where it was missed and its not obvious in the pattern.  I think I've got about 10-12 lace repeats before I get to the bottom of the body.  I need to start looking for some cool buttons.  

In the more personal saga updates...  C and I have finally talked, and things are better.  Not all the way better, but on their way.  For some reason, just after visits together, something gets out of whack with us.  He starts thinking of the future a bit too much...  and that always creates issues.  So hopefully, he'll stop thinking, and we can just enjoy what we have...  which is pretty darn good.  

And now I return to my boring Friday night at home.  May your Friday nights be more exciting than mine.  

4 comments:

km said...

My Friday night was getting all the kids their cough syrup and putting them to bed after watching a bit of x-games. Then M & I sat...each with a box of kleenex and watched aFewGoodMen. (I don't know why, but I can always watch that movie again.) I finished my first mitt. Then off to bed. M coughed so bad he ended up coming out to sleep sitting up. So much for a "Fun Friday". All 5 of us are sick and it's raining. Time for hot tea and and sitting on the couch.

Things will work out. I'm sure that you being in Chicago will help.

Code Purl said...

That knitting trip sound awesome! Now if I can only find a spare $2400 laying around...

Your sweater looks really pretty. Guess that thong was good practice ;-)

Glad to hear C got back to you and that you're trying to work out a plan for yourself. It's so scary when you're not sure what's going on but hang in there. Good luck on culinary school.

Colleen said...

Wow - aren't you productive! I stayed in Friday with a pizza and a bottle of wine and a movie. Can't say that I produced anything of value. :)

Leah said...

My Friday night was incredibly dull, never fear.

And I cannot believe you made those gorgeous croissants! I am truly impressed. By that and the sweater.