Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Missing my camera

Today was one of those days I constantly asked myself why did I not bring my camera with me on this trip? I didn't bring it because I packed as economically as possible, and there just wasn't room for it, but today I saw so many things I wished I could have caught on film. I drove out into the country side of outer Chicagoland to visit a friend from my years in college. We hadn't seen each other since our graduation in 2000 (and discussed how it was one year until our 10 year reunion!) and it was great to catch up. She has two adorable little girls, who were much fun and added laughs to my afternoon.

On the drive out, there was a coating of snow across the corn fields, and several older worn barns. The colors were vivid against the blue sky and white snow as today was the first day that I had seen the sun in so many days. I wish I had had the ability to pull over and catch some of the images that are still in my head. Hopefully there will be similar conditions on a future trip out that way.

I'm making progress on the sweater. I've finished the increases, and am a couple of rows away from starting the lace and separating the sleeves. Unfortunately, I am having issues counting. The last attempt at this had to be removed due to a wrong count, (granted I hadn't counted at all) and I don't want this to end the same way. Hopefully the next count will give me the desired number of stitches. I have gotten the count right on once... so hopefully its there. I am planning on tossing in some stitch markers once I get going on the lace repeats so that I can tell immediately if something goes wrong with my counts. I figure every 14 or 21 stitches so I don't have to tink back too much if a mistake is made and or found.

Tomorrow I head downtown (baring blizzard like conditions) to check out my future home here. I hope its everything I am hoping for. And I'm planning to stop by the college where I'm thinking I'll take classes to get a bit more information about the program and how it would work.

Stay warm everyone. Its -1 here right now...

3 comments:

km said...

I'm sure there are many wonderful reasons to live in Chicago....but it's been in the 80's here this week.

Laurie~Let's Knit It said...

My Dad was born and raised in Chicago. I hope to visit there someday. Your descriptions of the drive were beautiful I look forward to the pictures you take next time. :)

To Be Announced said...

Just saying hi! Thanks for de-lurking!