Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Up and Running again, kind of...

On Thursday night, I turned off my computer in preparation for my early morning flight on Friday. I went to turn it on a few hours later when we began to wonder about changing my flight to a day or two later. Alas, it didn't respond. (And using my phone, we found that it would cost more than the original price to change the ticket.)

In the end I did end up staying an extra day, due to complications due to the bitter cold weather that was Friday. My plane was delayed several times, and apparently if this happens, they'll let you change your flight to something the next day. The extra day was great... I got knitting done, due to the lack of computer access and got to spend an extra night curled up and being held tightly.

I returned to MA on Saturday night, to falling snow. And it didn't stop until late on Sunday. There is well over a foot of snow outside at the moment. It's strange seeing so much snow. Its been years since it snowed so much... at least that I can remember. Monday I dropped my computer off at Apple in hopes that they would figure out why it wasn't turning on any longer. And on the way home from that, my car started making odd noises... which turned out to just be a screw that loosened up from the recent repairs. (but took a trip 20 minutes away to drop it off for less than an hour and then back again to pick it up). When I returned to apple on Monday night, thinking I was getting my computer back in working order (and with power), I found out that they only thought they had fixed it. It once again wouldn't turn on for me. So, in the spirit of great customer service, apple transfered my hard drive to a new (brand new!) MacBook. Its great... its an upgrade from my former model, the keys are back lit, the case is all metal... I love it!

In other good news, my rental application was approved. So now I just have to write the application essays and get accepted to culinary school. And then Chicago here I come!

Although, I'm a bit conflicted due to the confusion that is mounting in my relationship. I'm hoping that the thoughts are just in my head, and what is in his head isn't about us. Although, I may have jeopardized that with text messages and emails... Its kind of like the Faith Hill song right now...
Baby tell me where'd you ever learn 
to fight without saying a word?
Then waltz back into my life
like it's all gonna be alright...
Don't you know how much it hurts...

When we don't talk,
when we don't touch,
when it doesn't feel like we're even in love.

it matters to me

when i dont know what to say
don't know what to do
don't know of it really even matters to you
how can i make you see
it matters to me

My life really is a country song!  And I feel like my writing is completely disjointed.  Sorry about that... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I'm so happy for you about the computer situation and about culinary school (something I've always wondered why I didn't do).. and am thinking positive vibes, saying little prayers etc. for you and your guy... things always have a way for working out for the best... hang in there! (((hugs)))

km said...

Yeah for the new MacBook. My computer is dying...and we have a new one but we needed to backup the hard drive so we could swap them out. In the mean time...I have my Mom's MacBook. I LOVE it and wish I had my own.

In my own conflict (with another mom...it's gotten really ugly) I've learned again and again about how difficult it is to put actual thoughts into written words and then how easy it is for them to be missunderstood. Maybe you should stick to your video conversations...and less texts. I'll keep praying for you.