Monday, January 12, 2009

Post ND ramblings

I made it home from the last of ND on Friday afternoon. It was a fun last bit of the run. Between New Year's Parties, and unexpected dinners, and the end of tour party... I'm still recovering from lack of sleep. the last night I managed to score a total of 2 hours of sleep before my flight home. And all attempts at sleep on the plane were thwarted by utter exhaustion - seems contradictory, doesn't it?

It is nice to be home for a bit. I've been crashed at Crash's all weekend and will remain here til Friday morning. We spent the weekend watching movies and watching it snow. I've done a bunch of cooking, despite the lack of a working oven. He's off at work, leaving me curled up on the couch knitting and reading and enjoying the fact I don't have to go to work. Tomorrow, unless the next snow storm stops me, I'm heading out to visit an old college friend and her two little girls. And Wednesday I will head downtown to see the apartment I am going to rent here, and maybe catch up with an old student of mine (from my one summer of teaching back in 2002... she was in high school at the time, and now she's a grad school student!). I am definitely enjoying the lack of schedule, the chance to do ordinary every day things (like the laundry!), and the ability to sleep in. I'm hoping the snow doesn't stop my plans for the next few days though, cause I think being house bound might drive me crazy.

Crash was quite happy with his scarf. I'm happy with the finished project.
I managed to finish it on the last flight into Portland. Now I'm on to my sweater, and figuring out a Blah Buster for my swap partner. And maybe a pair of fingerless mitts to join in KM's Fingerless Mitt KAL. Seeing as the only yarn I have with me here is for the sweater, I'll work on that for the next few days, and hopefully get into the lace portion. And then we'll see what happens when I get home to MA and the rest of my stash. I really want to get started on the somewhat cowl. And perhaps a hat that fits me and I won't lose less than hours after I've made it.

I can't believe that another year, and another tour are over. I'm torn about not going back on the road right now. I keep thinking of sending an email to my contact at the lighting company. I probably should, as I do have all this spare time between now and when I would start school. And with living here in Chicago, perhaps I'll be able to do some work there to make money while I am in school. I'm still unsure of what I will be doing to fund my life while I am in school. I will need something to support my cooking habits and my yarn habits. Plus all those day to day life expense of rent and electricity... :). That seems to be my latest worry. And the only uncertainty I am having about this upcoming move. Which I suppose it good.

I am toying with updating my web address too... I can't very well be starting over in NYC when I am in the windy city. I'll have to see how to do that but keep all of the posts I have here. I'm thinking I'll just remove the NYC and replace it with a ?... Lord knows I'll be starting over somewhere else before long. I know I have to do some updates on the format, and the other blogs I read section. All sorts of projects for this time off I'm about to enjoy.

And now to return to the knitting. And the mindless tv watching.

2 comments:

km said...

I forget about the url...your blog title still says it all...so don't worry about it. Mine is still about 5, 3, & 1. They'll soon be 7, 6, & 4!

I wound my yarn for mitts today. I'm excited to be back in blogland.

Anonymous said...

That scarf looks nice and warm! Enjoy sleeping in & I hope the snow doesn't spoil your plans!
(Your Swap Pal)