Monday, January 5, 2009

Only 2 shows left!

It seems so odd that I only have two days of work left before my tour ends. I know I've bitched and complained about it so much, and can't wait for it to be over, yet I'm oddly apprehensive about it ending. I am going to miss people that have become a family. I've spent more time with my coworkers than with anyone else this year. And most of them I won't cross paths with again. Its an odd feeling. I'm going to miss certain ones. A lot. Others, well... you know.

Its been a crazy run so far this leg. We've had the fun of new year's eve. It ended up being a fabulous night. We took over the balcony of our hotel and drank champagne. I had almost a whole bottle myself, and was as bubbly as the drink itself. It was one of the best celebrations I've been to. It was followed by the travel day from hell, that ended up with a 7 hour bus ride, and me having no time to enjoy my former home of Vegas. I did manage to avoid the ex I didn't really want to interact with on the trip. I knew I would see him, but due to work constraints, the conversation ended up only being about 1 minute long and me recounting the travel day misery.

I'm almost done with Crash's scarf. I've got three more color changes to go to finish up the stripes. Its exciting. I hope he likes it and wears it. I'm nervous he won't like it, or won't be a scarf person (even though he asked for it). I'm hoping to get most of it finished on the bus ride I am about to embark upon. And then I can get back to my FLS sweater. I am looking forward to my time off so I can engross myself in a few sweaters. I received the knitpicks options metal needles for Christmas, and now have the needles I need to make a few of the other sweaters in my stash. I also got a home made swift (yay for dad working with wood! Although its not the umbrella swift he remembers his mom having. Apparently I get my love of knitting from his mom, who used to make knit hats - and iron them on her soup pots! I never had a change to know my Me-mere, but I apparently get my love of shoes and my love of knitting from her.... according to the stories i hear. It was cool to hear my dad tell of her knitting.) I also got a ball winder, and Knitting Lingerie Style (which apparently disturbed the bookseller and my mom.... them not realizing there were socks and sweaters inside... and wondering who would want knit panties?)

Here's hoping I have free internet at my next stop too. I have some more to catch up on here. I feel like I need to do a recap and look forward. I think my brain needs the release of that sort of post right now. But for now, Its a 2.5 hour bus ride to Bakersfield...

1 comment:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

1.5 hours to Bakersfield for me:)Hugs Darcy