Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One piece of good news

Mom got good news today.  There are no other spots of cancer in her body.  They are still exploring treatment options for her, she has to talk to doctors about a round of chemo and a round of radiation.  Luckily, we are in Boston, where one of the most world renowned research centers on cancer is located, and they are hopeful that there will be a study to involve her in, as it turns out the cells that were bad were of the rarer forms of cancerous cells.  It is a relief to have that news behind us, and know that the prognosis is all good at this point.  

I still haven't heard anything on my move just yet.  I'm still waiting, and hoping that news is coming sooner than I think.  The moving company is anxious to book my move too...  which is good, cause the last time I dealt with a moving company they kept my stuff hostage on the opposite coast from me for over a month.  I must rather this over eager approach.  I do have a couple of offers of places to stay if I do want to head out to Chicago now, before the apartment is ready, but I'd rather avoid those.  I'm not fully comfortable staying in someone else's space.  And I want to make this transition as easy as possible on my stress levels.  I think I need that right now...  as I've been on over load lately.  

I did manage to finish up the bag that mom wanted today.  Its wrapped around a box and drying after being felted this evening.  She'll be happy to have it, as she requested it for mother's day last year.  It is a slightly different shape and size from the ones I've made before, mostly because I lost the pattern somewhere in the middle of America on one of my tours and had to create it from memory.  But, I think I like the shape better than my original bag.  Now its back to working on my sweater...  

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers for mom and the family was we went through this testing process.  

1 comment:

Leah said...

That is wonderful news!!!

And about the other--I think I'd probably want to wait for my own space too--