Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Friday

I started my day with chocolate chip pancakes. Its a great excuse to work chocolate into breakfast I think. But the chocolate in the breakfast food, then you can not feel guilty about eating it so early in the day. And oddly enough, chocolate and maple syrup blend quite well.

I've been making great progress on my sweater. I had a bit of a mix up yesterday and had to pull out a few rows... knitting and the subway don't always mix for me. For some reason I drop stitches when I try to get something accomplished while riding to my next destination. But I continue to try to make it work for me. I'm just about done with the front of the sweater. Then comes the daunting task of picking up the 40 stitches for the back. I do so hate picking up stitches. It attempts to teach me patience that I just don't seem to have.

I really love the way the yarn is knitting up. It has such a smooth finish, and I feel like a really accomplished knitter right now. (and my waist is tiny... but not that small... I promise. It stretches a lot!)

I'm still waiting for details on my temp job. I'm planning on enjoying these last few days before I start working again. Hopefully the weather will hold out for the weekend for me. I'm heading over to the farmers market today. Maybe something will inspire me for dinner. I should do some more resume sending, as the ones I sent on Wednesday went unanswered. (seems to be the way with my emails, as the cute match.com boy who did reply, and even shared his personal email, has now stopped replying... Is it sad that my ex is the only cute boy showing up in the first 30 guys in my search???)

But its spring and the flowers and blooming...
I guess I just have to enjoy that fact.

2 comments:

Code Purl said...

Yummy, I love choc chip pancakes. The color of your sweater looks totally different in that pic than it did in the sun. It was fun hanging out with you the other day :-)

Leah said...

I love them too. And that photo is great--quintessentially NY in the spring!