Sunday, April 13, 2008

Knitters gone wild, and other weekend adventures

It has been a crazy few days in my world. After losing the job on Tuesday night, I've spent the rest of the week running around like crazy. Oddly enough, I am really happy that I lost that job. I knew it wasn't the right job for me, but I need the paycheck so desperately, I was willing to be unhappy to just have a job.

I decided to throw a surprise bachelorette party for the leader of our knitting group on Friday night. I told her I wanted to take her for dinner to celebrate her birthday, and arranged to have some of our other friends waiting at the restaurant for us. She had no clue... and even after we plopped the veil I had made on her head was like, wait, is this for my birthday or for a bachelorette party? I love throwing a good surprise! We had a fabulous dinner, full of laughs and penis jokes (when you give girls swizzle sticks shaped like peni (which I've decided is the official plural of penis) the elementary school jokes fly). I had spent Wednesday, Thursday and Friday frantically knitting a thong - if you throw a party for a knitter, there has to be something knit involved. It was quite the process - my first project on size 2 needles (before this I had only used something as small as a 6), and it was a lacy pattern, which I learned does not mix with riding the subway. I frogged the front panel about 4 times. But in the end, got it done just in time.

After the fun of dinner, we headed over to Hogs and Heifers, which is a bar comparable to Coyote Ugly. There was dancing on the bar, oh yes, I danced on the bar, and shots and just general good times and merriment. Until I decided to jump on the bar for a second spin. And the bartender called me over. And was like I'm taking your bra. Ummm... ok, I'm drunk, I'm on a bar with everyone staring at me, I can't really argue. But this is a great bra. And they don't even make my size any more. Ah well. The exhibitionist side of me loved every moment of it.

But the week caught up with me yesterday and I didn't move from the couch. I had a touch of something or other, a sore throat, exhausted, etc. I slept for like 13 hours last night. I feel a bit better today, but still not back to 100%. I'm hoping heading out to get some fresh air and do the couple of errands I have will make a difference though.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I had sooo much fun. The adrenaline with still pumping when I got home and I couldn't sleep. I tried to wake carl up to play and share the fun stories from the night but he wasn't having it. Thanks for organizing this. We should do another girls night soon!

Oh and I'm going to put the pictures up on flickr tonight and send them around to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh.. to be young and attending bachelorette parties again! Sounds like so much fun! :-) (ok, I'm not THAT old, but almost all of my friends are married now!)

Can't wait to see the thong!

Code Purl said...

That was totally awesome. I'm still going on about it. I'll take some pics of said thong tonite. JF was asleep by the time I got home so I didn't get to greet him in the veil and thong as discussed but he got a kick out of the penis necklace the next day!