Monday, April 7, 2008

Wine, conversation and french fries

I was taken out for a great dinner last night. A friend who is in Brooklyn for work was wandering the city, and took me to Quality Meats. And they definitely live up to their name. And the meal finished with the remaining wine, french fries and entertaining conversation. I should have skipped the espresso martini though - the dreams I had last night were ridiculous. But I learned I dream in color, as there was a speeding bright red car. Among other bizarre things.

It was a crazy weekend, with parties and clubs and out of town friends.
And pretty spring flowers. Lots of good drinks, and good food, and Magnolia Bakery cupcakes - people stand in line for these things. They were very good, and do deserve the fame, but I don't think I'd stand in line again for one. I also have to remember that when I'm already tired, I can't be swayed to go out with the girls. Its a bad scene for me to be tired and out at a noisy club.

The job isn't living up to what I wanted it to be. I'm constantly confused as to whether I made the right choices. My paychecks make me sad, the lack of constant work makes me question whether this i the right job for me. I love this city. I love the energy, I love the friends I've made, and I can't imagine being anywhere else other than here. But, I'm bored. I feel guilty about it because I got what I wanted, a job in NYC. But, was it the right job? And what do I do now? I'm going to give this job a bit more time - well, I suppose that is contingent on them making the offer to go permanent, but I can't imagine them not. But I'm thinking in a short amount of time I'll be starting to search again - not the best way to go, but I hate being bored and not being challenged. And this is both of those right now. I didn't sign on to be a data entry person. I signed on to be an assistant. But the CEO just doesn't need all that much assisting.

And now I think I'll see if there is something sweet to eat around here and then curl up in bed. I'm hoping for no crazy dreams and a full night of sleep.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Get your resume together and lets see if you're right for the openning we have in my office.