Monday, April 28, 2008

I actually have a stash


I actually have a pile of yarn waiting to be knitted up. I'm excited to start new project. The brownish yarn is for a felted bag for my mother. She was jealous of the one I had made for myself, and immediately started looking for yarn so she could have one of her own. I finally found the matching colorway for the Noro that I had been gifted this weekend. Which was so exciting. I bought four more balls of it... and I'm going to make a clapotis. I know I said I didn't think I ever would, but the Noro is perfect for it, and the color I was gifted my favorite shades. The purple lace yarn is going to be turned into a shawl of some sort for summer. I've yet to choose a pattern, but I want something open and lacy and fun for summer nights. And I've yet to decide what to do with the silky cashmere.

I'm off to look at some apartments in a bit. I have until May 10th to find a place. That is my moving date. As I want to go to Miami to visit a friend the following weekend.

And how is it when you have your life planned out, something springs up and changes everything. I just got a job offer to spend a month of the summer on tour. Which is great and I'm excited. But, now all my plans for the next three weeks are all jumbled up in my head and I'm wondering do I find a place? do I go to Miami for the first part of the week? are they going to want to keep me in the temp job or not? Someone send answers!

5 comments:

Maria said...

Yeah for stash! I just got more yarn for a swap today and my stash is increasing like CRAZY. Your list of projects sound great - this reminds me, I need to devote a post one of these days to knitting (I finished a baby blanket! And the mom AND dad LOVED it).

Good luck finding an apartment! The Aussie and I go to Philly this weekend to look for apartments.

Hope to see you Wednesday, and congrats on the summer tour job!

km said...

The clapotis is such a fun knit. And if you don't think of it with an expected finish date, then you can enjoy the mindless knitting on tired days. Yeah for the opportunities of summer.

Alyssa said...

YAY Yarn! I think my stash rubbed off on you!

I had fun this weekend. I started my clapotis last night. I might as well jump on the bandwagon.

Life will all fall into place, I promise!

Code Purl said...

Aruni gave me a bunch of links to lacy scarf/shawl patterns. I can forward them if you're interested.

As for the tour thing, which month of the summer do they want you for? If you're gone for a month would whatshisname let you keep your stuff in his apt? Let's discuss.

Leah said...

The clapotis is really really fun. I loved pulling the dropped stitches--it makes the whole pattern worth it. I'm glad you could find more of the Noro colorway...it really is very pretty, and will be gorgeous as a clapotis.