Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A new temp job..

I start a new temp placement in a week. Its at a life insurance company. So, not the perfect industry for me, but it is an income. And will hopefully allow me to get into an apartment of my own so I don't have to worry about the time running out on this one.

And I've sent about 15 resumes out this morning. So, hopefully the odds are with me, and someone calls me back.

Now to start the apartment searching in earnest. 1 bedroom, hopefully in Manhattan, for about $1000... less would be great, a little bit more might be doable. Just under 4 weeks to find the location. Wish me luck, send me leads!

I just wish I could afford the course work I want to take to work towards my goal of cooking. I made a dinner for my friends on Saturday night and they were all rendered speechless when they took the first bites. I loved the feeling. And when people went back for second servings of the cake I had made... that made my night. Someday I will make my money from this talent I have.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

1) you must cook for me
2) YAY income!
3) I hope you find an apartment soon!
4) let's do another girls night this weekend.