Tuesday, April 22, 2008

One of those days...

... where I wish I could hop on a plane and fly somewhere else and just hide. On a beach in the Caribbean, in a museum in Europe, a temple in Asia, somewhere, anywhere, where I don't have to think about that I don't have a job, and most of the ones out there aren't ones I want. That I don't have to think about the fact that I have four weeks til I lose this roof over my head and will either have to return to MA and living with my parents or find a way to get into my own apartment. And with no job right now, and no money, I don't see much chance of that happening.

I really want to have the confidence that Upstaging will call me and have a tour or some corporate work for me. But I'm scared that who I was last summer will prevent that from happening. The more time that goes by with hearing nothing, the more scared I am that it isn't going to work out. I have to email my contact and see what, if anything, is going on.

Great progress is being made on my sweater. I've got about 2 inches remaining on the front, and then I get to switch to the back. I should be done in a day or two. I'm excited about the prospect or having it completed. I'm searching for a lacy shawl pattern to turn some lace weight alpaca into. Something fun for summer nights.

It also seems like the rest of my life is full of drama too. I never had many female friends for a reason, and its showing itself these days. There is someone that touches the edge of my life who just can't seem to accept that I don't like her, and will avoid her if we end up in the same place. She feels the need to confront me at inopportune moments - like in the middle of a club - about why I don't like her. She has a bad energy about her, and I just can't take it. And yes, that does make me a bit of a bitch to her. Mainly because she always seems to be forcing herself on me. Accept it as an adult, and move along. Don't try to make small talk with me. I just don't have the energy to deal with such petty drama.

Where is my beach and tropical drink?

No comments: