Friday, April 18, 2008

I Heart Antibiotics

I think I am FINALLY on the mend. Seven days after I first fell ill. And a nice prescription of amoxicillin later. I started taking the pills this morning, and spent most of the day curled up on my couch, and now and starting to feel better. I still have a way to go, but I think I am on the mend.

I had so much planned for today. I wanted to bake cake, and plan a bunch of appetizers for the girls for while we get ready tomorrow. But I just couldn't move. I'm hoping tomorrow morning I wake up feeling like myself and am able to head out early to get the ingredients I need to make at least the cake portion. I can hit the store for the decoration components I need on the way to the party, and then decorate once I get there. We'll see. I hope it works out.

We are supposed to be going to a club tomorrow night. But I doubt I'm going to be able to go. Which sucks, as its the birthday of two of my closets friends here. I hate to miss out on their party. But I can't talk, and I know I still need my rest. I made a comment about being unsure about able to drink on the antibiotics to my mother earlier today, and she actually encouraged me to drink. She warned me that my birth control wouldn't be working, but thought it would be just fine for me to enjoy a few cocktails. Mothers are odd creatures sometimes, aren't they?

I've moved onto the next steps in my sweater. I added in 48 stitches last night, and now get to just knit. No more purling for a bit. So it should move along quickly. Its exciting. But I missed the delivery of my yarn today. The mailman came super early and stopped by when I was out getting my drugs. Sad. I was so looking forward to seeing my new yarn. :-/

1 comment:

Leah said...

I'm glad you're finally feeling better! I heart antibiotics too. You'll be so happy when you're totally well--I swear, I felt like I was reborn after I got over the flu this year!!! And that's not even an overstatement!

That's funny about your mom--it sounds like my mom--she's always been really free and open, but then with these surprising little pockets of prudery that pop up once in awhile...