Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Its my 99th post...

I'm almost to 100 posts. That seems unreal. Alas, I have nothing to have a contest with, as seems to be the tradition when you get to milestone posts. Perhaps the next milestone post I'll be able to do something. Post 100 will hopefully be my first finished sweater...

For, now life is crazy. I leave town on May 13th. I'll spend a week on the outskirts of Chicago... and by outskirts, I really mean in the middle of a corn field, an hour from O'Hare. They do choose the most random places for warehouses, don't they? At least there is a bar in the parking lot of the hotel we stay in. I then fly back to NYC for what could be the extent of 36 hours, before I fly to Bend, OR. From google maps, it seems that that would be the middle of Oregon. The best Joke so far about that location, which I'm sure the people of Bend have heard on occasion after occasion is "Oh, Bend over, OR?" I'm looking forward to being on tour again. And I'm sure that will offer all sorts of interesting stories for you all. Stagehands are an interesting breed... and do offer much entertainment for life.

The bad side of this tour is that I have to miss the weddings of several good friends, which makes me sad. I had even bought new dresses and shoes for these celebrations (ok, just an excuse to buy new shoes and dresses, but whatever.). One is a person who has been in my life for years now, who I have gone through ups and downs with, lost touch with for long periods of time, yet no matter, he still remains close to me in so many ways. The other is the first real friend I made here in NYC, and although we haven't known each other for even a year yet, my life here in NYC wouldn't be the same without her. Nor would I have found as much of my knitting groove or other friends who knit and blog and have wild sides too.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

oh no you can't come to the wedding that's sad. At least you're on tour again and I know that's what you've wanted. I'm going to start my nursing school search. Tonight should be the last awful night at work for a while so I should be able to devote a few uninterrupted weeks to gathering information so I can beg my dad for some money.

kasiaiscarly said...

bummer on missing weddings, but a job is certainly an OK excuse! so who do you get to tour with? or is it top secret and you can't tell? :)

Code Purl said...

Awww, you're so sweet. Maybe the group can knit a lifesize doll in ur likeness and give it a place-setting. How do these weird thoughts get into my head?

Looking fwd to some crazy stories from the road. Are you going to be able to keep your blog going while you're on tour?