Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Don't my rain boots go smashingly with my business suit?



ok, so you don't get the full effect... but let me tell you, pouring rain and needing to get to interviews doesn't mix all that well. I do love my rain boots though.

The second interview went well today. It was short, but I liked the person I'd be assistant to. Which is definitely good. I'm still waiting and crossing my fingers that the top choice job will call and say they want to see me for a second interview. The initial feedback on Friday was that they loved meeting with me on Thursday. But, where I haven't heard anything more than that yet, I'm getting worried that they won't want to see me for a second interview. And that job sounds so much more geared towards me. This one I think will be interesting, but not perfect.

I started working on my sweater again. Picking up the stitches to start the skirt part. Thanks to the help of my knitting group I learned how to properly make one, as my M1s were resulting in holes. Only 80 more rows to go, and I'll have most of a sweater. As always, it was great to see the group - the conversation was lively and ranged from our latest projects to intestinal cleaning.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I'm beyond sick of jewelry commercials, Hallmark's thoughts, and hearts everywhere. I've never been a fan of February 14th - especially since my first love broke my heart on February 15th. After pronouncing his never ending lover for me on the 14th. And being single for the first time in four years, I could just do without all these visual displays of love going on around me. I wish I had someone to send me flowers, or take me to dinner, but at the same time I'm not ready for a relationship - or really to even start dating again. I think I'm going to take myself shopping and treat myself to a bacon cheese burger and fries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those boots are super-cute! And I love your plans for Valentine's Day. That sounds actually fun, as opposed to forced Hallmark-ness. Although I do like to give my daughter a valentine. But that's the extent of it...

Swappy

Code Purl said...

I'm glad you had fun at the group and learned something new. I just realized recently I was doing my M1's wrong too resulting in all sorts of holes.

Happy Valentine's Day...I 'heart' you!