Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Issues with Timing and Cocoa question #4

My job search seems to have the worst timing right now. I got an offer to start tomorrow. On a temp to perm position, that might have worked out for me. But, another agency has already scheduled me an interview for tomorrow. And still another is working on scheduling me one for tomorrow or Thursday. So, I had to explain that. And it didn't work out. So, I have to think, that that wasn't the job for me. But its frustrating. Waiting for the timing to work out. At least the offers are there these days. It makes me more optimistic that the right job is around the corner.

I'm off to yet another agency in about an hour. So far my skills testing hasn't gone all that well for them though. So that is slightly disheartening. I went from typing 73 words per minute on yesterday's test to not hitting 50 words per minute on today's. I shouldn't have gone back to fix that mistake in the first sentence. And my spelling has always been an issue for me - so hopefully the grammar test isn't considered to seriously. I'm acing the Word test these days - does that count when you have all the questions memorized?

And for a brighter note... Cocoa Question number 4!

My favorite vacation... The business trip to Tokyo ranks up there. My boss at the time was invited to speak at a few meetings and a conference, over the span of 10 days. He suggested that he might need me to accompany him as his assistant. And the people inviting him went for it. So, I had 10 days in Tokyo... yes, there were meetings, but we had four days of completely free time. Where we wandered, saw temples and shrines. It was amazing. And I can't wait to go back. It was the best all around vacation - where I wouldn't change a moment... except for the meal we had in a french restaurant (but even that was only half bad - some courses were quite tasty, while others - umm... custard in beef broth?)

Other vacations had their moments too - the hot air balloon ride over the Napa Valley. The friends wedding at Disney World - yes, I was obligated to go to Disney... how can you complain? Growing up and going to Maine for lobster each summer. The skiing weekends just after college. But Tokyo has to be my favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I'm jealous. I would so love to go to Tokyo. And p.s., your package is coming along very nicely, and I'm having a great time with it. I've come up with a good "spoiler's choice" category.

best,

Swappy