Friday, February 29, 2008

When's it my turn?

So, interview number two of the day, number three with said company, went well. I really like the people there. I love the atmosphere. Everyone seems happy to be at work, seems to like working with each other, seems like a great, fast paced, upbeat environment. The interview ended with a sort of under the breath comment, well, I think you'd fit in here. From the COO. So, cross your fingers. I really want an offer from them. It will be temp to start with, but I figure, that they will love me even more once I am there, and offer me the position full time after a week or two.

I do have another first round something tomorrow. But part of me just wants to blow it off. I know I won't. i just don't have it in me to do something like that, but I am just so sick of this process.

I went out and had a few drinks with friends tonight. Which was great. Til i got on the train by myself to come home. And started thinking when is it my turn. When do I get to get what I want? Yet again, he has what he wants (not me) and I don't have what I want (a job, a place, someone that thinks of me before anyone else). Exacerbated by a few drinks... well, I feel alone and depressed. I feel like I've been through so much - hard times, heart break, etc. - and I'm just tired of it. I want good things in my life. And I'm sick of waiting for them to get here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Hugs going to you! Your turn is coming, and you've been patient and persistent... so He surely will pay you back 10 fold. :-) Congrats on yesterdays fabulous interview, and good luck at todays!

Code Purl said...

Sorry you're feeling so down. I hope you're feeling better today and congrats on the 3rd interview.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I agree that it'll be your turn soon. You're doing everything right--you were so brave and began walking this new path in NYC! Something wonderful will come of it, you'll see.

all the best,

Swappy