Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sleep really does make it better

Even though it was his comment that set me over the edge, it was his presence that made me feel better at the end of the night. Knowing that he was there, that he cared, that he worried, and that he let me vent and ramble made me really appreciative and thankful. It was so much last week. I was on and being the most fabulous me the entire time. Its draining. I want to return to a routine where I don't have to be so ON every second that I'm out cause I'm on my way to an interview, or every time I answer the phone cause I don't know who it will be on the other end. I want to not be pulled in a million different directions all at the same time and be thinking a million different thoughts.

There was an hour on Friday, between interviews and dinner, where I wrote two thank you notes, talked to D, learned my brother had broken his hand an needed to borrow my car, changed my clothes from suit to jeans, spoke with my consultant at the staffing agency no less than three times, spoke with the other consultant at the staffing agency no less than twice, ran up and down the stairs twice, and forgot to eat lunch. Yes, all of that in an hour. And I wonder why I felt overwhelmed last night.

I should be researching the company that one of my interviews is with on Tuesday. But I took today off. I finished a book. I made a tasty dinner. I took a nap during a Lifetime movie. Made my first ever rice pudding. I flipped through a magazine and found a bunch of things to make for dinner this week (now to make the grocery list). I thought of going to do laundry, as I'm out of clean socks, but left that for tomorrow. I think I'll get out my knitting and enjoy Iron Chef America.

3 comments:

km said...

You know. My circumstances are really so entirely different. But lately, I've been close to or at that overwhelmed place so often. For me, I pray. I know that's not the answer for everyone, but try lighting some candles. It really helps. Good luck with the interviews this week.

Turtle said...

Sleepy is what i have not been able to get around lately. Try to pamper yourself a bit and take care.

and for some reflection..tag!

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, my daughter asked last night why I only watch the food network channel... :-) Iron chef is awesome, and last nights shows all were about chocolate!