Saturday, February 23, 2008

New Projects

After the mistakes in my sweater on Thursday night, I decided it was time to get started on a different project. I started a tote - thanks to the pattern and yarn I got in the Cocoa Swap. I've got the bottom, and the first 11 or 48 rows for the sides done. I went out and bought different needles today - I didn't like the way the stitches were sliding on the bamboo versions, so I splurged on some Addis. With the tension in my stitches - no, I swear I'm not a stressed out person!! (HAHA!) - I find they slide so much easier on the metal.

In other adventures, I signed up for match.com. Its been interesting. I've gotten a fair number of winks in the last 24 hours and a few emails. Why is it that every guy is writing about how he can't characterize what he is looking for in a girl - that its all about the chemistry. Yes, chemistry is important, but you've got to have some basic criteria that you are looking for. Part of me is feeling a bit shallow - I'm looking for someone tall - but i wear heels all the time - and by heels I mean 3 inches. Which makes me stand at 5'9. Sorry, but I want my date to be taller than that. And there are other things that are just attractive or not to me - like a good smile... in shape... someone that would look good next to me. I think those things have to be there before you can see if there is chemistry. We'll see what adventures this leads too...

And now back to my night of Bobby Flay and Paula Dean...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah you aren't shallow for know more about what you want... maybe it's a woman thing, because I think we do have a better idea of what we are looking for and are better at communicating that... now... as far as 3" heels.. I'm shocked... I just can't find any heels that are comfortable enough to wear all the time.. and the few that I even own certainly aren't 3" I"m impressed! me, I'm a sneakers, and flats girl... and just so you know, there are tall guys out there that are good looking next to you, and the chemistry is right.. my hubby is 6'5" to my measly 5'1"

Code Purl said...

It's always the people who have a lot of specifications who end up in love with someone who's just the opposite! But good for you to sign up. I hope you meet someone great.