Monday, March 24, 2008

Broken Glass

I am a klutz. I drop things. Usually, I do a good job of not dropping the glass things or ceramic things. But, every now and then, they do fall into that category. And then I always miss one little shard, and a week or two or even a month later, I step on it. And end up with a cut in my heel. And needing to get a band aid so I don't get blood all over my clothes or furniture. And this is what I've done tonight.

I've also made lunches for the next two days, have a loaf of banana bread in the oven, actually did my dishes, and thought about casting on for my next project. I'll get to that after this I think. I made a great granola last night, which adds a nice crunch to some yogurt for a midmorning snack at work.

Tomorrow I go look at my first New York City apartment. It sounds promising... affordable, good location, new renovations. I'm not quite able to afford moving out just yet, but I'm ready to have my own stuff, and be in my own space again. And moving now means I can live with a roommate I know and like. Rather than going it alone, and not being able to afford anything, or trying to find someone random on craigslist or something of the sort.

And I promise pictures of felted bags tomorrow.

4 comments:

km said...

Can't wait to see the bag. I hope it turned out well. Is this the one for you or a gift?

Maria said...

Congrats on the apartment!

Alyssa said...

First, I want to see the bags. Second, good luck with the apartment hunting. If I can stop by on my way home from dinner on wednesday I will try to bring you one of Carl's cards. He knows a lot of people in the rental game that can help you out.

Code Purl said...

I'm glad you found a roomate. That's like gold. Let me know if you ever need someone to go with you to look at the places.