Sunday, March 30, 2008

Is it spring yet?

Yesterday was one of those days when I was so sure that I had made the right choice in moving to NYC. You know how you get those feelings, that its the right place, the right time, and its all yours? I had that yesterday. At least for most of the day.

We started the day with bottomless mimosas and yummy brunch foods - SO NYC. It seemed like everyone was out for brunch... it is such a popular meal here in the city. We ended up finding this candy store after we left brunch, economycandy.com - we had much fun with giant lollipops and chocolate roses. I'm so glad I've meet these girls - every time we hang out there are lots of laughs and good times. They make life better here in the city. I ended up walking more than 30 blocks after leaving the girls. It was an afternoon perfect for walking - not too chilly, but its still not quite spring yet either. And then we continued the night with some time at the bar. Which was just ok. The crowd we ended up with was alternating between odd and drunk. And for some reason at this point in my life, I seem to be attracting the most odd characters. I'd really like to find some cute cool guys to date and have fun with. But those certainly don't seem to be the ones that want to talk to me. I must be sending off some strange vibe - I'm going to have to change that, and soon.

Today was more apartment looking - which included getting completely mixed up on the trains. We literally rode in a circle for about 30 minutes. The neighborhood was significantly better than Fridays adventure, but still not up to what we are looking for. I'm working on convincing A to come up to the area I'm in now to look. The prices are reasonable, and I feel safe here. There isn't much in terms of things to do, but we have the all important tasty take out chinese and indian foods. And a Starbucks.

I did find an area of Brooklyn I could live in though. But of course its the area that is part of the pricer neighborhoods. I had to pick up coffee and I searched out the shop that my swap partner had gifted me from as it was so tasty. And I loved the area around that. And lots of other cute cool shops to browse in. I really need to win the lottery...

Other than a visit to the yarn store I found this afternoon, I've made a row of progress on my sweater. I better get moving if I hope to wear it anytime soon.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I'm very happy you moved to NYC! But sad we can't go to the MD sheep and wool festival. Maybe next year. I'm going to see if I can convince Carl to go but he won't.

I'm sorry he wasn't much help on the apartment front.