Friday, March 21, 2008

The yarn made me do it...

I spent too much on yarn today. I had nothing on my needles and that bugged me. And I was in SoHo, so I went to Purl. Which is pricey. But the yarn is so pretty... And it said buy me! So I did. I have to get tiny needles though. The smallest I've used so far. I'm knitting this really sky blue Blue Sky Alpaca alpaca and merino blend. Its so soft. And a great color. I found this cute sweater for summer in the vogue knits magazine, but I need to go over to Barnes and Noble and pick that up with my discount tomorrow. I just didn't want to pay full price after dropping so much on the yarn and a new pair of Addis. But I had to go down three needle sizes to get gauge. I actually sat in the store for an hour knitting to figure out what size I needed.

And mom is working on picking out her yarn for the felted bag she wants. So, multiple projects. And I think I found a pattern for the yarn that I received from my scavenger hunt partner, I do need more of it though... so not sure that is in the card right now. I'm supposed to be saving money and paying off debt. Especially where I just looked at the apartment listings. ACK! I have no idea how I'm going to afford living here on my own. I didn't realize how much tax there is here. I was shocked at how much they took out of my first paycheck. Seriously depressing. I figured that what I was looking for would be plenty. But, now that a paycheck has been issued, I'm really not sure. And scared to start looking for places to live. I'm going to need like three more jobs to ever get back out of debt after I cash advance my first/last/security/brokers fee... :-/ Life is way to expensive. Where's my lottery winnings?

2 comments:

Code Purl said...

"Sky blue Blue Sky Alpaca alpaca and merino blend"

Try saying that 3 times fast!

I know it's rough living in NYC. For the not so rich like us you may just have to cut back on shopping and eating out or at least find cheaper places to do it! If you can stand to do the roomate thing that will also help a lot. I found a great roomate on Craigslist when I first moved here. Or you can trying living out in Queens near me. It's less expensive, you get more space, and the subway takes you directly into midtown.

Dame Wendy said...

I totally relate on the whole debt thing. This city is mucho expensive.