Monday, March 31, 2008

My apartment is a sauna

I think its about 80 degrees in my apartment tonight. With the windows open. Ridiculously hot. And uncomfortable.

But, laundry is good for my knitting. I've more than doubled the size of my sweater today. It helps to be stuck in one place for the 60-90 minutes it takes to do my laundry. I don't want to take a chance that someone might come along and take/move/transfer my things on me. Especially because I like nice things, and my neighborhood isn't so much know for girls who wear $200 jeans like I do. (No, I didn't really pay that much for them - its all about the sample sale!) It was nice to have the afternoon off to get things like that and the grocery shopping done. Granted, I'll miss the extra money come paycheck time.

I'm also off tomorrow. A friend and I are going to have a leisurely afternoon of city wandering I think. She has a background in make up artistry and is going to make me over and show me how to use more makeup. I need help on that front for our nights out... perhaps she can help me look older than the 22 everyone guesses me as. Which is nice, seeing as I turn the big 3-0 this summer, but annoying at the same time.

I heard a really cool yarn story over the weekend, as I sat next to a woman adding a boarder to a scarf. She was like, oh, its just a scarf, but I made it all. She had spun the yarn, and then dyed it herself. From things she had grown herself. The yellow was dyed by marigolds, and the browns came from different barks of trees in her yard. Just having that level of dedication - to even grown the items to pull the dye from. That is a scarf that has a good story behind it.

Back to my sweater, and being annoyed by the girls on the Bachelor. They are so immature this time around. I can't see any of them making a wife for anyone. But for some reason, I'm sucked in and watching.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I refuse to watch The Bachelor precisely because the girls are usually idiots. I feel like my IQ is lowered (and I prefer that Gossip Girl lower my IQ, lol!).

As for 80 degree apartments/houses/dwellings, I am reveling in the fact that I am not shivering. Oh, god bless central heating.

Alyssa said...

good luck with the sweater.

We should grab a coffee sometime since there haven't been many meetups lately.

Alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.