Tuesday, March 4, 2008

FINALLY

I got the call I've been waiting for. And now I've gone from anxious and unable to sit still to bouncing off the walls excited. They made me an offer. I have a job! Its temporary for the first 30 days as kind of a trial period, and then it will go permanent. But I am beyond excited about this. I'll be working at an investment capital firm that caters to wealthy individuals. The vibe in the office was great - people loved being there and were excited about their days. Which is what I was looking for. It is going to be a huge change getting back into a corporate environment, but exciting at the same time.

It looks like I'm going to start on Monday - but they are finding out all the details for me later today. So exciting!

7 comments:

Code Purl said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad something finally came through for you.

Anonymous said...

wahoo!

Doing the happy dance for yoU! :-)

kasiaiscarly said...

Yay! I think this calls for brownies :)

Leah said...

How wonderful!!!! Tons of congrats are in order, and I'm sending them your way...

I'm glad you liked your package (whew, it came quickly! I just mailed it yesterday afternoon...) The only thing was the bamboo needles...you said you were having trouble with yours, and now you have another set from me... oops...but by the time I realized, I'd already packed up the package...just set them aside and maybe you can swap 'em with someone!

Best,

No longer Swappy, but Leah!

km said...

YEAY! I look forward to hearing about your 1st day!

Maria said...

woot woot!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congratulations =) It's great to be so excited about a job - some days are like that for me ;)