Monday, March 3, 2008

No news today...

No news is good news, or so the saying goes. It means there is no bad news. No good news either though. The weather report for tomorrow is not looking all that good... so I think it will be a day of knitting. And trying to will the phone to ring.

I cast on two new projects last night. I'm just about halfway through my new hat. But I think I'm going to run out of yarn before its done. I'm using stash yarn for it, and I need to get to a craft store to get more. Which means I won't get to finish until my trip home to MA in two weeks. I also cast on my the bag I'm making for part of K's birthday present. Its a smaller version of the bag I just knit myself. Though this one I'm knitting actually according to the pattern, after it was pointed out to me that stockinette in the round is knitting every row, not alternating between knitting and purling. Should knit up much quicker this time around. Here they are as of last night...


And here is the completed - unfelted - bag I made for myself...

I'm not sure if I'm going to add on the pockets or not. They will end up so deep that I'm not sure they will do much good for what I like in a bag. We'll see though.

Looks like I get to go see the Bon Jovi on Friday night. Which is exciting. They put on a great show. And then I'll get to hang out with some friends at Mohegan Sun... maybe I'll hit the jackpot! It will be very strange to be backstage again. I've not been there since August 11th and we finished the load out in LA. Part of me misses that world. Not enough to reapply for my summer job though.

1 comment:

JL said...

SOunds like you could use a wild night at the Mohegan Sun! Hope god news comes your way today. I would like the pattern for the penguin. He is so cool. Looks like he will have more snow to play in my way today :(