Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I got the chance to meet my first blog friend tonight. We had met when she first stumbled onto my blog just after I started writing. We've kept up with each other's adventures, and got randomly paired up in a swap. It was exciting to walk in, knowing she didn't know that I was spoiling her, but knowing that she'd know who I was. She was great, and I hope we get to hang out more.

And I made it home just in time to catch top chef. The challenge tonight has been fun. But the personalities are coming out more. Some of them just don't have a characteristic that makes them stand out. And the only one I've got a real opinion on is Andrew, who seems a pompous ass.

I've got some apartments to look at over the weekend. I'll be making my first trip to Brooklyn. Three places are over there. And one I'm trying to set up in Astoria. I'm still coming to terms with living in a boro, but the prices are just so much more reasonable. And right now, thats important in my quest to remove debt. And I'm being told that I'll be closer to the city in some of these areas than I am now. And I guess it is better to keep the open mind. I might love one of these new neighborhoods when I see it. Two of the Brooklyn ones are near Prospect Park. One is near Bushwick and Broadway - which I hear is a sketchy neighborhood. So, we'll see.

I get to sleep in in the morning. Things are really slow at the office, so rather than have me in and bored, they are splitting time between the intern and I. I'm not thrilled with the arrangement, but was warned about it up front. I'm just not looking forward to not getting the full paycheck. I'm trying to make money here. But I get to go out with some of the most fun girls I know for dinner. We always manage to have a great time and lots of laughs. It would be more fun if my late start was on Friday...

1 comment:

Code Purl said...

Good luck apt hunting! And remember the boros are still part of NYC and you'll still be working in Manhattan.