Monday, March 10, 2008

Day one...

I survived my first day. Not that I had any doubts that I would, but the insomnia that I was plagued with last night had me wondering a bit. I really like the people I'm working with. Its a tiny office - only 7 other people besides myself. And laid back. The only thing I wonder about is if it will keep me busy enough. It was slow today. But, that could be a first day thing. I hope its a first day thing. There isn't much to report as of yet...

The high point of my day was reading this article. Vatican Lists new Sinful Behaviors. Did you know that its a sin to pollute? Can you just hear the priest laughing if you were to go to confession and say yes, father, its been 6 months/6 years since my last confession. I've driven my car. I think I spit my gum into the woods. Does God really care? This is one of my major issues with the Catholic Church. The sacrament of confession goes against so much of what I believe (I have my own version of lapsed Catholic after 8 years of Catholic schooling). I once said to a priest that I didn't quite understand why I needed to talk to him - a human and a man - to confess my sins, when I was being taught that God was all forgiving. I was promptly told that that was a mortal sin, and I was headed for the fire and brimstone of hell. I wonder how this new modern take on sin would feel about that? I do really enjoy the line that we need to get over our obsession with sex though.

I've not had much time for knitting. Tomorrow night is for that. I'm hoping that I can get the gift bag finished. I've got about 20 rows left to go before I start the finishing part. And as they are all stockinette stitch, they should fly by. And then I have to figure out what to make next. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Maria said...

Congrats on surviving your first day!

kasiaiscarly said...

you only had 1st thru 8th grade, huh? K all the way thru 12th in plaid and kneesocks :)

Code Purl said...

First days are always boring cause you're just learning policy and procedure and observing. I'm sure after a while you'll be begging for a free moment!