Friday, March 14, 2008

Week one, survived!

I've arrived in Boston, I've survived my first week of work, and now I'm ready to celebrate. Its a bit strange being back in Boston. It was a year ago (to the date) that I was here and the huge transformation of my life began. One year ago today was one of the best days I've ever experienced. And started the course of loops and twists and turns that shook up my entire being and completely changed the course of my life. Perhaps I'm back here as having come complete circle in the year. I've survived all the challenges and I've grown stronger, and I'm wear I want to be.

I've been having strange dreams lately. I had the CSI dream, where I was involved in a minor car accident - going in reverse and in circles at 5 mph. But when I got out of the car, there was a dead body on the ground behind my car. And I woke up freaked out and with my heart beating a mile a minute and screaming (not out loud, just in the dream) that I couldn't have killed him. It took about an hour to calm myself back down. Then there was the dream where I was driving my car, and going way too fast. Somehow my car ended up airborne going through the woods at the end of the cul-de-sac at the end of the street I grew up on, and then I was out of the car, and perfectly fine, except for the multitude of little metal pellets that had become imbedded in my skin - as if a bee-bee gun had been shot at me over and over again. I have no idea where my head came up with these combinations. Any dream analysts out there?

And now its time to get ready to go out. I wish I had been able to nap a bit more on the plane. I was woken at 3 am by text messages from the west coast. And with the question are you sleeping? Because I might have been out doing something else at 3 am...

Tomorrow I get to felt my bags, which is exciting. I've got a few more inches of i-cord to construct and then will be good to go. I'm still debating pockets on the smaller of the two bags. I'm just not sure if I want one or not.

2 comments:

Code Purl said...

Sounds like some bad nightmares! I'd like to help you sort them out but I'm not much of a dream analyst. Have fun in Boston.

Leah said...

Well, I have a degree in forensic psychology...heh heh, don't worry, I won't analyze you (not that I could anyway). The only thing I can say is that those sound like heavy duty classic anxiety dreams (I guess that's obvious), which makes perfect sense considering the intense transitions you've been going through recently! It's funny, but when I'm under stress I have recurring car dreams--out of control driving, not being able to get somewhere--you know the drill.

I'll bet the nightmares ease up as you get better acclimated to your new job and all the other changes.

Leah