Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Time flies

I feel like its been ages since I sat down and wrote a few lines. Life got crazy all of a sudden. With work starting, and weekends away, combined with the attempts at a social life, and sleep, all of a sudden a week has gone by.

My weekend in Boston was much fun. It was great to catch up with friends and hit some old favorite spots. Pizza at Pizzeria Regina, beer at The Black Rose, cannoli at Mike's Pastry... The only downside was the bed in the hotel. Raddison Hotels use the sleep number bed. Which is about the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on. I think I slept better the few days I slept on a blanket on the floor when I first moved to Vegas. And the bed randomly inflated through the night. I thought 45 sounded like a good number for me. So, I managed to fall asleep. I woke up a few hours later, and my number had changed to 75 and I was sore. Ugh. I will never stay at a Radisson again.

The job is going well. I'm getting settled in a bit more. I'd still like to take over all the responsibilities of my job, not just some, as it stands right now. That should change a bit more in the next few weeks though. I'm feeling a bit like the odd duck though. The other two girls have been there together for a while, and share an office. My desk is in the main entrance of the office, so I'm a bit separated. Its a bit strange coming into such a small environment.

I got a second job offer on Monday. The lighting company called with an offer of a tour. It was a smaller band, that I didn't recognize. But for the first time, it made me question if I've made the right choices. Did I give up on that dream too quickly? I was good at the job. And wonder if the rest of my life had too much influence on me this summer and the choices I made to change paths after it was over. I'm not leaving this new job, but its made me think. And I suppose if after 15 or 20 days, if I do hate being back in an office, I can always call and see what they might have to offer. Perhaps its good to have that back up plan.

I've not done any knitting in a few days. I felted my bags on Saturday. They came out fabulously. Mom wants one of her own now. I don't have pictures to share just yet though. They hadn't dried completely so I had to leave them behind. Plus, they didn't quite fit in my suitcase for the return trip. I need to figure out what I'm making next. I've some great yarn from the Scavenger Hunt Swap, but I'm not sure what I want to turn it into just yet. I may go wander the shops and flip through some idea books on Friday and see what patterns I can find.

And now I'm off to catch up on all of your lives. I have days of blogs to read!

2 comments:

km said...

I'm still *hoping* that your current job fills that space you're looking for it to fill. If not...definately follow you dreams. I have a friend here that owns a lighting company. They set up for events...so the people who do that stay local (all over L.A.) and don't follow a tour. You'll find what you need...just give it time.

Code Purl said...

It seems to me that you're craving stability but excitement at the same time. Perhaps if this job isn't so great you can still do something else in NYC without having to go back on the road. Or is there lighting work you can do per diem in addition to having a regular job?

What's the Scavenger Hunt yarn swap?