Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Top Chef is back!

The favorite of my reality shows returned tonight. I'm so excited. I'm a huge fan of Top Chef. I wish I had the skills to audition, but I don't cook well on the fly. I need time to think and plan and organize. It looks like it should be a fun season - the started with a deep dish pizza challenge. The twist this season - or at least the first twist - is the lesbian couple that qualified. I think they are going to play on the couple aspect, and the having someone you already trust and can confide in along with you on your challenge. So far there is no Marcel or Stephen character just yet. I wonder who is going to come out as the "character" of this season.

Work is continuing along. I'm settling in and getting my space. Well, not really my space just yet. They need to order new furniture for me, and a new computer, and then I'll get my space. I'm taking on the phones tomorrow. Its all about taking messages - not letting people record voicemail. Which is odd to me in this age of technology. But, if that is how they like it. The hard part right now has been adjusting my stomach to a work schedule. I end up starving by mid morning, and famished at the end of the day. A trip to the grocery store for better lunches is in order.

Its been fun following the latest scandal of politics. The governor who pays for sex and gets caught because he used cash. There is an easy way around paying for sex. Its a small town call Pahrump. Even the name sounds like a place for a brothel. How can you be governor and deliberately break a law - one that pretty much everyone knows. You have to be really stupid (for lack of a more politically correct word) for that.

5 comments:

Code Purl said...

Top Chef was pretty good. Even the simplest challenges seem really hard to me. That one guy who couldn't stop cursing from New York stood out as a character to me.

Leah said...

Pahrump! That is an incredible name. You know, I'd never heard of it--I had to go look it up.

I'm so glad you're settling in at work. Do you get nice furniture? Before my daughter was born, at my last job, I remember how excited I was to get my brass name plaque. Hey, maybe I should get one now for the door to my room! It might make me feel more legitimate although I don't have a day job so to speak...

Maria said...

Top Chef is fun. I watch it with The Aussie and then we dream of when we will make the recipes from the show. Then again, The Aussie thinks he can do it better (granted at one point he was going to go to restaurant/cooking school in Switzerland), but I just ogle the pretty food.

Leah said...

p.s. I love Top Chef!

km said...

Pahrump! That's where my bro buys all his fireworks. Let's just say that we never had to visit a show to get a real display. =0)

I'm sure by next week you'll feel like you're setteling in. And the hunger thing has a lot to do with time change too. We're all hungry at odd times and our schedule hasn't changed