Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007....2008

A new year. Doesn't feel any different just yet, but hopefully it will be.

Looking back, 2007 was full of challenges and great moments. Lots of changes and lots of growth.
I moved - across the street and then across the country.
I tried a new job - and it turned out to not be quite the dream I wished it was. I wish I had tried it when I was younger. But wonder what would have happened with my other adventures had I been able to.
I meet lots of great new people.
I realized I want kids and a family, and freaked out a bit cause I'm no where close and almost 30.
I ended relationships, and started new ones.
I learned more about what I want and what I need in a relationship.
I feel in love.
Which ended with a broken heart. And a lot of learning about me.
I healed from my broken heart.
I saw more of the country, from my drivers seat and from the back of a tour bus.

In 2008, I'd like to see more changes in my life - but not too many. There were enough in 2007 to keep me occupied for quite a while.
I'm going to land a job in New York City. And then find an apartment to make a fabulous home - finally back to my own space!
I'm going to continue to regain my independence and figure out what I want in life.
I'm going to take some cooking classes and work towards figuring out how to use my passion for food to make a living.
I'm going to get out of the debt this move across the country has created. And hopefully save enough to visit K who just moved to Guam.

So there it is, looking back, looking forward. Hoping for changes, but not too many. Longing for a place of my own, and knowing its going to happen (just hopefully sooner rather than later).

What are you reflecting back on and looking forward to?

No comments: