Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Countdown

I went to the beach today. In my family, we go to the beach in the winter. We rarely went to sit in the sand and enjoy the surf, but on cold winter days, we'd often be near the water. Odd, yes, I know. But today, mom and I went to Plymouth.

Home of the Pilgrim. We bought cranberry wine, we ate fried seafood, we drove by the rock, and I tried to break into the knitting store, as it was closed. Was sad really. I'm craving new yarns. And I wanted to try and fine a unique gift for the swap partners.

Tomorrow I head to NYC! I'm so very excited. I have three interviews tomorrow. Two more staffing agencies, and A REAL INTERVIEW! And another staffing agency on Friday. And then its one more trip north up 95 to the parents house to collect my stuff, and I get to be in the City. The days have been filled with longing for the return. I can hardly believe its finally here. I can't wait to rejoin up with my friends - meeting the girls to knit on Wednesday nights, hanging out with A and searching for a place of our own, meeting more new people and just enjoying the city.

I am so looking forward to the next paragraph in life, and hopefully the next chapter. (that starts when I land the job)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even in the cold, the beach is worth it. I think that it's the sound of the water crashing that is so cleansing to the soul. I'm sure it was just what you needed before the interviews. Thinking about you...