Friday, January 25, 2008

Trying to think positive

Its been a long two days. Yesterday went really well. I feel like I spent the entire day running though. The first meeting (a staffing agency)went well - after I found the right entrance to the building. They deal with entertainment based jobs, so it could be a good fit for me. They were running a bit late, and I had to run from there to the next agency. Where they were running impossibly late. I waited for almost an hour to meet with the person who had pulled my resume. Who then decided I wasn't quite right for full time work yet, but here, go meet with my colleague who does more temp style work. And here, take these computer tests. I literally ran out of there with 30 minutes to travel the 20 blocks to the real interview. Luckily the subway station was where I thought it was, and I arrived with a few minutes to spare.

The interview (with what sounds like a great company) went really well. I felt a connection with the interviewer, and we talked for almost an hour. She finished with the statement "Well, we have some other people we are going to meet, but I really like you and that's important, I think you'd fit." I left feel so excited. And optimistic. It was very exciting. So, I've got fingers crossed and prayers being said.

We went out to celebrate D's last night in town before tour. There is this great bar on the UWS he found, and they seem to always have great music. It was a low key night, a few beers, a few laughs, good times.

Today was more running around and a bit of stress. I once again took the standard staffing agency computer tests. I can type 73 words per minute. I can make word and excel do anything you want them too. And there is now multiple copies of proof. I picked up some paperwork for D at his office and then we spent a lazy afternoon at his place, until the adventure of finding Newark Airport. But in the midst of the lazy afternoon, I learned the staffing agency that sent me on the interview felt my approach to a thank you note needed to be more professional than I had. Unfortunately, I had mailed the note already. So, I'm obsessing a bit over that. Cause I stress. Its a talent.

I'm a bit torn here, cause I think I want to share more of my personal feelings on the relationships of my life - the last year has been fraught with challenges and growth in terms of the relationships in my life. I think I'm going to try being more open with things, as that is what I created this blog for - a chance to write about how I was feeling and the challenges and adventures I'm having. So more on relationships, especially as I return to NYC and look to start dating again - that might require a bit of the back story from the last year. Prepare to be entertained - as my friends told me I should write a book with all of my stories, as I constantly keep them entertained with my adventures.

I think its time to curl up and sleep though. There is packing and shopping to be done tomorrow. And a drive to recover from tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi again, your friendly scavenger hunt swapper here! I'd better give myself a nickname besides "anonymous" so as not to be confused with the other anonymous commenter (who is probably someone you know anyway)...I think I'll call myself Swappy!

I just wanted to let you know that I've begun the quest for your package items, and am having a great time.

And just to add, your day in NYC sounds so intense, but exciting too. I'm rooting for you!

Best,

Swappy