Monday, January 28, 2008

Tired

Its tiring settling into a new place. I'm usually much more of a night owl than I am tonight.

I have another interview tomorrow. Its with an executive search firm. Strange that the search firm is sending me to a search firm. But, we'll see. I've been warned that the person I'm meeting with interviews people for a living, so she will grill me good. I hope I don't crack under that. And I'm still waiting to hear from last weeks company. I've got my fingers crossed for that one, cause it sounds like such a good fit. I had to turn down a temp job today cause I am waiting to hear on this job. They wanted me for at least two weeks, starting Monday. And while, I'd love to be able to say yes, with the potential of the full time job looming, I didn't want to mess that up by being unavailable. But it also felt kind of wrong turning down the temp position, as I am so desperate to start making money again.

I had to frog my latest project, again! Its a simple pattern. A basket weave of knit five, purl 5, repeat twice. Reverse. Repeat. Reverse. Repeat. Repeat. Reverse. You get the idea. But for some reason, I just can't focus on it, and keep mixing up my rows. Maybe the next time i start it, all will be good.

I stopped by one of the yarn stores this afternoon. It was fun wandering through and seeing the fun stuff they have. I'd love to have ideas for all the great yarns I saw. And money to afford it. I did pick up something for my cocoa swap partner. I hope she likes my choice. I want to find a couple of other knitting related things. So that is the task for the week.

I also am a day away from booking the last step of my move back east. I have the quote from the moving company. Tomorrow, I hope to schedule the truck. Woo! I can't wait to have my stuff back. And I hope this means an apartment for me isn't far behind.

No comments: