Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Finish one project, start another

I finished my scarf. Well, almost. I still have about half the ends to weave in. But I've been wearing it because it curls around itself a bit, and you can't really tell that it isn't quite done. I'll post a picture or two once I get all the ends woven in... perhaps before the end of the night.

So, its off to the next project. While shopping with mom before Christmas, she was jealous that I was getting a scarf, and my sister-in-law was getting a scarf. She had no clue I had already finished her scarf. But she picked out yarn colors that she liked, so I could make her something. I thought I'd try an entrelac pattern. Something different, and a bit complicated. I cast on, and away I went. The first row of triangles came out great. No problems at all. It took a few tries to get the second row triangle made though. But after starting over and reading some online tutorials, I had success. I made it to the end of the second row of the pattern, and realized that the yarn was WAY too bulky for the pattern. With 32 stitches cast on - a normal amount one would think for a scarf... or at least the last ones I made... it ended up being an almost 2 foot wide scarf. Seems a bit much. So now to find a different pattern, that can tolerate a thick bulky yarn and not be too wide to wrap around your neck.

In job news, the new agency is forwarding my resume along to two clients. One of the jobs would be perfect for me - so cross your fingers the clients like me on paper and want to meet with me in person. The one room agency is trying to come through for me, but their clients seem to be hiring people before they can send me out on the interviews. And the ever disappearing agency had, yes you guessed it, disappeared again. I sent thank you emails, follow up resume emails, follow up what's going on emails, and no replies to any of them. I just have to keep thinking I will be back in NYC in less than two weeks, I will be back in NYC in less than two weeks (thanks d!). The job is coming... right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for your job.

Code Purl said...

Still thinking about you and sending good job hunting thoughts your way. Can't wait to see you more often when you're in NY.

Turtle said...

Fingers also crossed for the job. I just today got a job as well, lol, hubbys doing the happy dance. The ladies at the spa are great so i will enjoy it there. (yeah, i no longer have to be the boss)

I did an entrelac scarf this fall and if i tried working on it at work i swear i undid as much some days as i knit fixing the mistakes. But it did get finished and looked nice. Good luck to you. Did you already pick new yarn? Noro silk worked well. Nice entrelac color blending as well.