Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Friday

The weekend officially begins in just a few hours. I'm looking forward to a chic flick with my sister in law tomorrow and dinner with her and my brother before my return to NYC next week. I've set up two meetings for next Thursday - yet another staffing agency called me. That makes a total of FIVE. Hopefully I don't need to make it to lucky 7 before a job appears.

I think I have an online stalker. I decided to attempt a profile on a dating website. A friend has been having success there, and I figured, why not give it a shot. At least I may meet some new people. I have one who seems to not get the lack of reply as a signal of my non-interest. I might be more receptive to replying if there were questions or something of substance in his emails. The "you are appealing to me" or "how do I get a date with you?" on line emails just don't catch my interest. Sorry. But, he persists. It entertains me slightly. Hopefully it stays entertaining and doesn't begin to creep me out.

And now for this weeks cocoa topic of discussion...

Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?

As its my first winter knitting, I don't think so. I've been working on scarfs for presents before Christmas, and still have one more to go. I'm thinking a bag is next, felted, I think. But not sure. And I did see this great pattern for a tank that I'd like to try out... but I need a job before I can afford to splurge on yarn. Perhaps the change into spring will be the season change in my knitting.

No comments: