Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hot Chocolate! The Questionnaire...

And the answers....

Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
Definitely in a big mug. With milk (and some bailey's). I tend to make a homemade version of Droste cocoa powder and sugar. And I'm a fan of the ones they make at Starbucks.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Either. Although marshmallows tend to be easier to keep on hand.

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
I like soft yarn - I tend to go more by feel than type. I'm new to knitting, and exploring all sorts of things. At the moment, I like a bit of a thicker gauge - size 8 or 10 needles. But I'm looking to branch out and try new things. And for colors - I'm open to them all.
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
knit
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
Definitely willing to try new things. I've only five needle sets.
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
nope. Not much at all.
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
stitch markers, a bag to keep things in and not scattered all over the house, row counters, a small tape measure (the 25 foot industrial sized one seems a bit of overkill)
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
I'm too new to this to have one

Miscellaneous
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
ski, walk in the falling snow, curl up by a fire
2. What is your favorite animal?
tiger
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
YES!!! Especially this year - its my first real winter in 4 years, having been in Vegas - the land of sunshine
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
going out with friends, a good movie, getting out of the house, wandering Barnes and Nobel, cooking/baking
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
Hopefully having my first spring in NYC with a new job and new apartment
6. What are your favorite treat?
I have a weakness for chips and salsa, chocolate covered pretzels dipped in peanut butter, and high quality designer chocolates.
7. What is your favorite board game?
Not sure I have a favorite these days - my brother is really into games, and constantly bringing new ones by. He's very into what he calls Euros...
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
none to speak of yet
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
I'm allergic to pine. Although, as its post Christmas tree time, I'm not sure that effects anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. It's you swap pal. I'm so looking forward to getting to know you.