Thursday, January 31, 2008

At least it ended on a good note...

So, the day went from bad, to worse.

It rains in the bedroom... well, one corner of the bedroom. BAD! Very bad.

They seem to have fixed the hot water. Hooray! Hot Showers!! Good, Very good!

They made a mistake, and told me they wanted me back for a second interview, when in actuality, not everyone had seen my resume, and in reality, it was just a cruel cosmic joke. They don't want me for a second interview. Cause I don't have the exact background on paper that they are looking for. Bad. Horrible even, cause for the first time since I started this search, I was optimistic and thought I had it.

I went out and met some great girls. Girls who could become great friends. There were laughs, cheap drinks, a fun bar. And promises to be in touch and hanging out this weekend. Very good.

And a nice walk on a not too cold night in the city. It was calm and peaceful as I strolled back to the subway.

I know I am meant to be here in this city. There is no place else I want to be right now. I just wish the job gods would agree. Or at least align right so these temp jobs I've been offered are at times that I can accept them and not at points where I have to say no due to other circumstances.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...I've finished your blah buddy. And maybe I'll take him to the park today for some photos. I wish I could say that the box is on it's way to cheer you up. But...hopefully a =0) will do until next week. Seriously, I'm a little proud of my package...so you can be expecting something good soon. I hope a job comes to you soon too.

Code Purl said...

That reminds me of the time I was working for the summer in DC and staying at a friend's apt while she was away for the summer. I kept having all this bad luck. My car got hit really badly while parked on the street and it took 3 weeks to get fixed. Also had a flood from the apt above which rained down on my laptop rendering it useless. There was a bunch of other stuff but I think I've blocked it out of my memory. I remember watching the first season of Amercian Idol and for some reason that kept me sane.

My 2 cents: Maybe you need a new strategy for the job hunting thing since it seems like these job placement agencies aren't working out. A lot of industries have their own websites that have job postings. For example, there's a lot of jobs on mediabistro.com that are free to access. Might speed things up to take out the middleman is what I'm thinking.