Friday, January 11, 2008

Comfort Food!

This dreary wintery weather, which is bordering on spring like in temperatures, has me craving comfort foods. Last week I threw together a pot of clam chowder... yesterday pasta carbonara (a mock version as I had no peas and substituted chipped spinach instead), and today its been an adventure in butterscotch pudding. I'm about to start on the next adventure and make some gnocchi. I have a hard time with oven baked potatoes though - due to my lack of patience and always wanting them to be cooked before they are. The last time I tried this recipe, I ended up bending my ricer and having to invest in a new one. The new one is sturdier, so with some patience, I should be all set.

I'm headed back to NYC on Sunday for at least a day or two. I've got at least one meeting set up for Monday. Thanks to everyone who is crossing their fingers for my job search success. I'm feeling positive about it these day, and am completely grateful for all the good thoughts that everyone is sending my way.

Time to get the potatoes into the oven. And attempt to finish my scarf... 128 rows left to go! I'm ready to move onto the next project though, so I'm having issues focusing. But I'm not letting myself start the next project until this one is done. The weaving in of the ends is going to be a pain too - I've changed between the two colors so many times!

Hope the day is less dreary for everyone else. The torrential rain and thunder here has kept me housebound thus far today. I'm hoping that a friend will call and we can go check out Sweeny Todd, which I've been longing to see.

No comments: